Hoping to socialize, network, promote, and learn through writing.

cheers

cheers
me in Sonoma

Friday, February 5, 2010

Ouch

Andy and I fell off the wagon...hard. After 13 days on phase 1 of our cleanse, we decided to "treat ourselves" last Friday night. We went to a dance performance downtown, then to a little Italian restaurant for pizza and wine...and dessert. It was amazing. Seriously I felt like my tastebuds had been reborn. I was tasting things and enjoying them so much better than before. It's been downhill from there. All week long we have been eating whatever we want. Wine, desserts, cheese....you name it. The only good thing is that I have been keeping up with exercise.

Although I had a real sense of guilt all week, I also felt like there are bigger and more important things in life to stress over. Our diet wasn't really that bad before the cleanse. Aside from the usual holiday indulgences, we eat really well. Life is too short to obsess over how many ounces of low-fat plain yogurt I eat a day.

1 comment:

  1. Yo... write another post already J-money! Don't be one of these post every six years people.

    Best,

    -M

    ReplyDelete