Hoping to socialize, network, promote, and learn through writing.

cheers

cheers
me in Sonoma

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Days 3-6

Almost done with phase 1 of the cleanse. The first couple days were tough because I felt hungry at times and still had thoughts of brownies and crusty bread, but things are a little different now. Don't get me wrong there is always a chance of falling off the wagon, but I feel like I am in more and more control of my cravings with every day.

We have actually been eating a lot of food, but it is all very low calorie, low fat and low carb. A typical day of food for me looks like this....

Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal made w/ a combo of water and light soymilk
Mid morning snack: banana
Lunch: salad made of lettuce, spinach, cucumber and lemon juice salt and pepper
Mid afternoon snack: low fat plain yogurt w/ blueberries, and hard boiled egg whites
Dinner: usually a vegan soup or veggie stir fry over 1 cup of brown rice
Dessert: low fat plain yogurt w/ blueberries

Not sure how many calories that amounts to, but it is much less than usual. A few more days on phase 1, then we will begin phase 2 which includes some lean protein, more choices of cereal, and coffee. I am feeling great, I have substantial energy throughout the day, and am starting to feel lighter. I have and will continue to recommend this cleanse to friends and family. It makes the most sense out of any cleanse I have ever done. It is actually teaching you about eating habits and addictions, portion sizes, metabolism, and moderation. All good things.

2 comments:

  1. So in something COMPLETELY unrelated: I am the Y, and all of a sudden this old timer starts talking to me. When he found out I taught at 'B', he says "...oh yeah, my granddaughter went to 'B', she studied dance or theater or something." I said "Oh yeah, what is she doing now?" He says "She got married recently and loves out west." "Utah?" I ask. "Yes!" "Julie?" "Yes!"

    Grandpa Al says "Hi." Hysterical, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god! You met Grandpa Ceccanti!!!! My parents go there too. Yup, Grandpa Ceccanti is 87 or something like that and still going strong. He might be able to teach you a couple new moves. He likes to show off for the great-grand kids by doind headstands. Yikes!!
    How funny:)

    ReplyDelete