Hoping to socialize, network, promote, and learn through writing.

cheers

cheers
me in Sonoma

Monday, January 11, 2010

Taking a Brillo Pad to my Liver

I feel toxic. Andy and I just returned from our honeymoon in California's beautiful wine country and it's time to detox. Literally, all we did for 10 days was eat and drink. We ate the most wonderful cuisine, and drank the best wines we had ever tasted for 10 straight days. Where we were going for our next meal, and which wine we should drink with it were the only questions on our minds the whole time. It was wonderful. No working, no cleaning, no grocery shopping, no dog walking/watching/cleaning up after, no responsibilities to attend to....just relaxing. Exercise? If you call walking from one winery to the next exercise, we did a lot....otherwise the word never entered our minds.

So.....back to reality. I am going to take this week to get back in to the swing of working, and next week starts a major cleanse. I am going to try not to shock my system, so this week I am cutting out sugar and alcohol. I am back to walking the dog twice a day, so there is the beginning of my exercise routine. Then slowly adding in more exercise, and less artery clogging foods should do the trick. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I'll be dreaming of a huge glass of Zinfandel to wash down my creamy polenta, spicy red prawns, crusty sourdough bread and lavender creme brulee.

No comments:

Post a Comment