Hoping to socialize, network, promote, and learn through writing.

cheers

cheers
me in Sonoma

Monday, January 18, 2010

Pre-cleansing

I have convinced Andy to do a detox/cleanse with me. I have done several cleanses in the past, some turned out good, some not so good, but this one is different than any other one I have tried. I heard about it through a friend who is in the middle of doing it with her husband.

For the first 9 days you cut out everything but fruits, veggies, and a small amount of grains and milk. No caffine, no alcohol, no sugar, no fats, no dairy or grains (aside from amount and kind allowed)....and basically no other man-made products. After the initial 9 day intensive stage, you begin slowly adding foods back in to your diet until 90 days later you are eating a healthy diet with everything in moderation. You have to omit all the crap first, and go through withdrawl before you can add some of it (the healthy stuff) back into your life.

I have tried to cut out alcohol and sugar this week so my body didn't go into total shock on Monday, but then Andy and I realized that we had to clean out the fridge and cupboards so that we weren't tempted to eat stuff on the "not allowed" list. So we really applied ourselves and ate cheese, chocolate, pita chips, potatoes, tortilla chips, and drank the last bottle of wine this weekend. We did a great job. Now the withdrawl will be that much harder, but at least I don't have wine and cheese staring me in the face this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment