Hoping to socialize, network, promote, and learn through writing.

cheers

cheers
me in Sonoma

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cleansing Day 1 and 2...done

So far it has been interesting.....

Day 1: Tough day because I felt hungry in the afternoon. I was eating a lot of food during the day, but unfortunately fruit and veggies only last an hour or two in my stomach. Andy came home from work looking like he got hit by a truck. No coffee, no usual sandwich for lunch, and no prospect of dessert after dinner had him down and out. I felt pretty good all day considering I haven't missed a cup of coffee in the morning since the last time I cleansed which was over 2 years ago. I am keeping a food journal and that helps me stay on track and see exactly what I ate all day. After day 1 I came to the conclusion that I wasn't eating enough.

Day 2: I felt pretty good all day. I tried to eat more throughout the day so I could keep my energy up. My lunchtime salad sucked. It took me almost an hour to put that down. I think it's the lack of olive oil in my dressing. I was feeling a little sluggish my 4pm, but I ate another 1/2 cup of oatmeal w/ soy milk and that helped. Andy and I were sitting on the couch after dinner watching American Idol, when all of a sudden I got a headache and felt really sick to my stomach. I tried drinking some more water and laying down, but nothing seemed to help. I ended up taking a couple advil and going to bed at 8:30pm. It felt really good to sleep for 10 hours, and I think my body needed it.

Feeling pretty good so far. This isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I think having a partner to do it with makes all the difference. I don't know if my will power would have held up if I was eating carrot sticks and Andy was munching on pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment